THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
- The Mediterranean diet uses products from countries with a Mediterranean climate, such as Spain or Italy.
- A good diet is important. It will keep you healthy and help you recover more quickly if you are sick or injured.
How do I eat a Mediterranean diet?
- Eat fresh foods such as fruit and vegetables. These give us many vitamins.
- Fruit is excellent as a dessert or as a snack. Cakes and sweets are ok, but only occasionally.
- Eat dairy products every day: milk, yogurt and cheese are foods that give us calcium.
- Drink water. Try to drink between 4 and 8 glasses every day.
- Use olive oil for cooking and on salads. Olive oil gives us many vitamins.
- Don’t forget! Exercise is as important as healthy food!