- Spain is in southwest Europe. It borders Portugal and France.
- Its capital city, Madrid, is home to the Government and is the official residence of the Kings of Spain.
- Spain chose the colours red and yellow for its flag because people can see them from far away at sea.
- Spain’s official language is Spanish. It also has four co-official languages: Basque, Galician, Catalan and Aranese.
- Many cultures and civilizations arrived in Spain, including Muslims, Phoenicians, Romans, Greeks, Carthaginians and Visigoths.
- Spain is one of the most mountainous countries in Europe.
- Spain has 45 World Heritage sites. Only China and Italy have more.
- Tennis in Spain has a rich history with significant achievements for individual players and the national team.
- Spain has won six Davis Cup titles.