- Commonly known as South Korea, it is a country in East Asia bordering North Korea, with which it formed a single country until 1945.
- It is one of the oldest civilisations in the world and the earliest human remains found in Korea date back about 700,000 years!
- It is among the world’s most technologically advanced and well-connected countries and is a world leader in shipbuilding.
- Respect for elders, hard work and community are fundamental pillars of their culture.
- The national flag expresses the ideal of the Korean nation’s pursuit of creativity and prosperity.
- Its capital, Seoul, hosted the 1988 Summer Olympics while Pyeongchang hosted the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- This is the first time Korea Rep. will play the Davis Cup by Rakuten Finals.