- Kazakhstan is located between the Caspian Sea and the Altai Mountains in Central Asia, and is the fourth largest country of this continent, after Russia, China and India.
- Its capital city, Nursultán (formerly Astana), is famous for its modern architecture and futuristic buildings.
- Unesco has recognised the beauty of Kazakhstan’s natural landscapes.
- Kazakhstan adopted a new flag when the country gained independence in 1992.
- Central Asia is far from the ocean, but Kazakhstan borders two seas: the Caspian Sea and the Aral Sea.
- It has large reserves of oil and gas and large deposits of minerals and metals.
- Kazakhstan has never won the Davis Cup.