- Italy is one of the leading countries in the world for culture, art and history.
- Two of its most famous dishes are pasta and pizza.
- Rome, its capital city, is famous for its history and monuments.
- The Colosseum is an amphitheatre from the time of the Roman Empire, and is one of the most visited monuments in the world.
- The second most important carnival in the world is celebrated every year in Venice, in the northeast of Italy.
- Italy won its first Davis Cup title in 1976, after beating Chile.