Fats give us energy and are not all bad, but we must not eat too much. A balanced diet gives us all the fats we need.
Fats are good because:
- They help our bodies absorb nutrients and vitamins.
- They protect our internal organs from shocks or falls.
- They help us control our body temperature.
What kind of fats are there?
- Animal fats. You can find these in foods that come from animals, such as butter, cream, or bacon. Try not to eat too much of these fats.
- Vegetable fats. You can find these in foods such as nuts, olive oil or avocado. This type of fat is good for the heart. Try to eat more vegetable fats than animal fats.