- Ecuador is the second smallest country in South America.
- The Ecuador flag has three colours: blue for the ocean and the sky; red for the blood of its heroes; and yellow for the earth, gold and the sun.
- Its capital city, Quito, is the highest capital in South America. It is 2,850 metres high!
- Ecuador has 27 volcanoes that are potentially active.
- Ecuador’s name comes from the line that divides the northern and southern hemispheres of the planet, which passes very close to Quito.
- In addition to Spanish, there are at least 17 indigenous languages spoken in Ecuador. The most common is Quichua.
- Ecuador has two seasons: the wet season that runs from December to May; and the dry one, which runs from June to November.