- Its capital city, Prague, is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
- From Prague Castle you can see across the entire city.
- Prague’s Charles University, founded in 1348, is the oldest university in all of Central and Eastern Europe.
- The Czech Republic has the highest beer consumption in the world.
- There are many forests in the Czech Republic and lots of people visit them to pick mushrooms.
- From 1918 to 1993 the Czech Republic and its neighbour, Slovakia, were a single country: Czechoslovakia.
- In the 2020 Davis Cup Qualifiers, the two countries played each other in Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia, to win a place in the Davis Cup Finals. The Czech Republic were victorious