- Colombia is a South American country bordered by the Pacific and the Atlantic Ocean, and five other countries.
- The largest and most populous city is Bogotá, its capital.
- Colombia is the largest producer of emeralds in the world.
- Colombia is named after the man who discovered America – Christopher Columbus.
- Spanish is the official language of Colombia, but many indigenous people speak their own language. There are many native languages in the country.
- It is the second largest producer and exporter of coffee in the world, after Brazil.
- Colombia has never won the Davis Cup.