- Australia is located in the smallest continent in the world, Oceania.
- Despite the fact that Sydney is the largest city in Australia, its capital is Canberra.
- The flag of the United Kingdom appears in the upper left corner of the Australian flag.
- The first of the four Grand Slam tournaments, the Australian Open, is held in the city of Melbourne.
- The kangaroo is an animal exclusive to Australia and is an icon of the country.
- Australia has over 10,000 beaches!
- Australia has six Davis Cup titles.